Ralph Kenny was a professional trombonist in Minneapolis and principal in the Minneapolis Symphony from 1903-1919. Kenny established his instrument factory in 1907, very close to the University campus on the Mississippi River. IN 1914 he declared the firm’s name as Ralph E. Kenny & Co. The shop ceased operations about 1918. Kenny died February 14, 1956.
Engraved on bell: “Made by / Ralph E. Kenny / Minneapolis / / Minn”
3 piston, w/ decorated mouthpiece’ bell about 12” across
Instrument about 25” long