Today’s post is written by Tirzah Blair, Ticketing and Development Associate at The Schubert Club.
The 2015-2016 season is an exciting time for The Schubert Club. We are especially looking forward to the addition of concerts presented in the Ordway’s new Concert Hall, allowing patrons an intimate concert experience in an acoustically perfect hall. The Schubert Club family has grown over the years and many subscribers have seen our series through venue changes, such as when International Artist Series concerts moved from O’Shaughnessy Auditorium to the Ordway Center for Performing Arts. We are delighted to introduce our subscribers to the new Concert Hall by adding several concerts in this venue to some of our series.
This year has been my first renewal and subscription process since coming to The Schubert Club. Seating in the new Concert Hall and sending out tickets was a momentous task for a first-timer. While it provided a challenge, it allowed me the pleasure of connecting with many of our enthusiastic, loyal subscribers. On a daily basis I hear from our patrons about all-time-favorite Schubert Club concerts, weekend plans, international travels and endeavors outside of The Schubert Club. I am delighted and honored to hear from each of our subscribers; you feel like a family.
Schubert Club subscribers create community through their love of music and by connecting with one another at Schubert Club performances. I know many patrons make an event out of Schubert Club concerts by coming with friends and going out to a meal before or after concerts. Many subscribers have made friends after attending concerts next to one another for many years. This camaraderie is just one of the benefits to being a Schubert Club subscriber.
Many say that subscriptions are a dying trend, but I beg to differ. Many of our concerts this season were nearly sold out on subscriptions alone. Our subscribers are our backbone. Thank you for continuing to support the music The Schubert Club presents. Some of you will be aware of all the benefits that come along with subscribing, but for those who aren’t:
- Subscribers get the best seats in the house. We prioritize our subscribers when seating concerts. Once you become a subscriber, your seats are yours from year-to-year. You are welcome to submit seating change requests as you renew your subscription. We prioritize these requests by subscription history.
- Subscribers get the best deal. Our subscribers enjoy exquisite concerts at discounted prices that are only offered to those with a Schubert Club subscription. Not only do you get the best seats at a discount, but our subscribers may add additional tickets at the discounted subscriber price. Additionally, we never charge ticket fees to our Schubert Club subscribers.
- Exceptional service. You are certainly not a number to us. I go through our subscription renewals and seating by hand to make sure your requests are heard and fulfilled whenever possible. I like hearing from you, and want you to know that I am listening. Feel free to call Tessa or me at 651.292.3268 with seating concerns, exchanges, upgrade requests, or comments on our series.
- Easy ticket exchange possibilities. If our subscribers cannot attend a concert, they may call our Box Office 24 hours prior to the concert they must miss to choose from other engaging Schubert Club concerts, even if it’s part of a different series. Subscribers also have the option to turn back tickets as a charitable donation up to one hour prior to the concert (or until 4:30 online the Friday before a weekend performance, by using our online form).
- Evening and weekend pre-paid parking. We want your concert-going experience to be as easy and enjoyable as possible and we offer pre-paid parking at the Lawson Commons or Victory Ramp for International Artist Series performances. Pre-paid parking is a benefit we only offer our subscribers.
I look forward to our subscribers and patrons joining us for the first concerts of this upcoming season, especially those in the Concert Hall. Please come find me in the Box Office and say hello; I love connecting faces to all the familiar names I have seated and all the voices I have heard on the phone.
Whether you are a new subscriber to The Schubert Club, or a subscriber of many years, thank you for making The Schubert Club what it is today. If you are interested in becoming a subscriber, you can read more about subscriptions and becoming a subscriber at schubert.org/subscribe.