Second Floor of Landmark Center
75 W 5th Street
Saint Paul, MN 55102
Experience the Schubert Club Music Museum
OPENING JUNE 10, 2021
We are excited to welcome you to the new Schubert Club Music Museum! Following a complete renovation, we will be opening to the public beginning June 10, 2021. Thank you for your support and patience!
New Hours (beginning June 10,2021)
Always FREE admission.
Music Makers Zone
EXPLORE, DISCOVER and CREATE music in the Music Makers Zone! Here you will have opportunities to interact with instruments from across the globe. Be blown away by an instrument “tornado” – whirling with sounds from around the world. Get inside the beat as you clatter and clang along the Wall of Percussion. Try your hand at the keyboard instruments and learn to play! Come make music and learn how music is made!
Immerse yourself in the sights and sounds of Schubert Club’s keyboard collection – from 16th century spinets to iconic 20th century electro-mechanical keyboards. Explore the history and development of these instruments through the stories of their inventors, builders, and musicians.
The Thelma Hunter Recital Room
Dedicated to the memory of pianist and Schubert Club friend Thelma Hunter, the Thelma Hunter Recital Room is a gathering and recital space in the museum. Take a seat and enjoy recordings from Schubert Club performances, demonstrations of early 20th century music players, and learn about composers in their own words in the Gilman Ordway Manuscript Collection.
Current Safety Protocols in the Music Museum
- Up to 4 visitors will be allowed per exhibit space at any given time unless they are from the same household
- Keyboard Journey Gallery: 18 visitors
- Music Makers Zone Gallery: 18 visitors
Face coverings are REQUIRED in Landmark Center and the Music Museum for all visitors 5 years of age and older. Masks will be available for any visitors as needed.
NO food or beverage is allowed in exhibit areas.
- Kiosk touch buttons and screens will be wiped down frequently, at minimum, every hour or more often after periods of heavy use
- Playable keyboard instruments and percussion mallets will be wiped down frequently, at minimum, every hour or more often after periods of heavy use
- Non-latex disposable gloves will be available, for added safety with interactive touch exhibits, but will not be required
- Touchless sanitation stations will be located in each gallery.
- Museum surfaces, door handles, etc. will be cleaned regularly
We ask for visitors’ cooperation in maintaining a safe distance and adhering to our efforts to make all visits as safe as possible. Please stay home if you’re not feeling well. Visitors who endanger the health and safety of others in the museum will be asked to leave.
Thank you for observing our current policies to ensure a safe re-opening for everyone to enjoy! We will continue to update and post our safety guidelines and visitor policies according to guidance from the health authorities and state requirements.
Second Floor of Landmark Center
Open beginning June 10, 2021
- Wednesday 12-4pm
- Thursday 12pm-7pm
- Friday 12pm-4pm
- Sunday 12pm-4pm
Museum Guides are available to provide tours upon request. Groups of 5 or more are encouraged to call ahead. Tours outside of regular hours may be possible by special arrangement. To request, please email Kate Cooper at firstname.lastname@example.org.
September 5, Labor Day weekend
November 25-26, Thanksgiving
December 24-26, Christmas
December 31, New Years Eve