Director of Marketing
Schedule/Hours: 40 hours a week, M-F, frequent evenings and weekends
Positions Supervised: Patron Relations Manager, Graphic Designer, Marketing Intern
ABOUT SCHUBERT CLUB
Schubert Club, now in its 137th season, is a Twin Cities-based arts organization whose mission is to cultivate a passion for music and to foster an engaged community of music enthusiasts through concerts, music education, museum exhibits and student scholarships. Schubert Club’s concert presentations include the International Artist Series at the Ordway, Music in the Park Series (Sunday afternoon chamber music concerts), Schubert Club Mix, family concerts and various other ticketed and free performances in the Twin Cities. It also runs a range of education and museum programs, details of which can be found at schubert.org.
The Director of Marketing is responsible for both strategy and implementation of all aspects of marketing. S/he creates and executes all marketing plans and campaigns, ticketing strategies, sales goals and audience development strategies for concert presentations, the Schubert Club Museum and other public events. The Director of Marketing manages the organization’s relationships with the press and public relations.
In collaboration with the Artistic and Executive Director, plan, implement, and manage overall marketing campaigns, calendars, and strategies for all Schubert Club series, co-presented events, the Museum and all additional programming.
- Create an annual marketing plan for all Schubert Club presentations, programs and events.
- Develop and manage all budgets for marketing expenses, generating reports as planned and needed.
- Ensure Schubert Club branding and marketing standard operating procedures are regulated across the organization.
- Provide work direction to the Patron Relations Manager, Marketing Intern & Graphic Designer to support marketing strategies.
- Oversee the research, writing, and distribution of press releases, pitch letters, media alerts and calendar listings, as necessary, to ensure maximum unpaid media exposure; maintain a working relationship with the press.
- Coordinate and execute media buys for radio, print, online, and other negotiated trades.
- Prepare copy and execute direct mail efforts.
- Develop, implement, and manage marketing metrics to develop measurable standards of success that can be easily understood and utilized regularly.
- Generate regular reports including analysis and effectiveness of strategies implemented.
- Ensure all graphics and print materials are completed on deadline and within budget.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the arts marketing industry to ensure that Schubert Club’s marketing is effective and relevant.
- Actively research and develop new opportunities for audience development to increase awareness of Schubert Club programming to the community at large.
Ensure Schubert Club’s marketing strategies extend to web-based and digital platforms for the widest possible reach of marketing efforts.
- Oversee master timeline for the department’s e-marketing plans to ensure timely and deliberate messaging to primary constituents. Integrate timelines across organization to ensure cohesive unified e-communications.
- Create effective email and social media and other digital marketing campaigns to increase ticket sales and prepare and analyze final reports for each campaign.
- Oversee and delegate tasks to the Patron Relations Manager, Marketing Intern, and Graphic Designer to support marketing strategies.
- Oversee website strategy. Maintain, update, and create standard operating procedures for Schubert Club’s website. Ensure administrative team members know what areas of the website they are responsible for keeping current.
- Develop, execute, and maintain social media plans, on multiple engaging platforms.
- Manage SEO/SEM campaigns and monitor effectiveness of digital media strategies.
- Research industry trends and metrics to ensure Schubert Club uses the most current, effective digital marketing methods and that the organization’s analytics align with industry standards.
Develop and execute ticketing sales strategies to result in the achievement and growth of sales metrics to support Schubert Club’s mission and goals.
- Manage content of online sales programs including subscription, single ticket purchase, and policy information.
- Oversee the organization’s use of AudienceView as its ticketing software.
- Manage and execute promotional offers and strategies.
- Oversee standard operating procedures for box office and customer service practices.
- Oversee the work of the Patron Relations Manager to foster maximum success in marketing and ticketing strategies.
- Maximize subscription revenues.
- Develop cross-sell and up-sell techniques to maximize potential revenue with each sales transaction.
- Coordinate list pulls for Marketing and Sales efforts, identifying leads and target audience.
- Prepare pacing documents, daily, monthly, event based sales reports, and special reports as requested, while providing sales analysis, sales patterns and buying trends; interpret patterns and initiate appropriate strategies. Work with Ordway’s Ticketing Department for the management of single ticket sales through the Ordway Box Office and oversee all ticketing logistics at concerts at the Ordway.
- Act as back up to the Patron Relations Manager as needed for ticket sales by phone and on-site box office provision.
- Oversee organization’s strategy for using AudienceView including venues, series, performances, price charts, bundles, promotions, and memberships.
Lead, inspire, evaluate, coach, and develop the Patron Relations Manager, Graphic Designer and Intern(s) to result in the motivation, recognition, and retention of high performing employees that support Schubert Club’s mission, programs, and goals.
- Provide necessary work direction and feedback for the Patron Relations Manager, Graphic Designer and Social Media Marketing Intern to fulfill successfully assigned tasks.
- Provide the necessary components to facilitate a smooth process for posting job descriptions, interviewing, and the initiation process, when need arises.
- Support and administer timely performance evaluations. Provide coaching and feedback to encourage good performance results.
- Encourage continual learning. Refine work processes to enrich work and enhance productivity. Provide training and development to assure continual skills acquisition.
- Communicate and administer Schubert Club’s policies; ensure consistent application and mitigate risk.
- Develop and maintain a positive internal climate within the department and promote Schubert Club’s mission, programs, and goals.
- Create opportunities and remove obstacles for employees so that they can produce effective work results that support Schubert Club.
- Promote and demonstrate collaboration, respect, and inclusion of all employees in events and projects.
Maintain relationships and support the activities of the Board of Directors through the Marketing and Development Committee to ensure that the Board is able to make decisions and support the Schubert Club mission, programs, and goals.
- Attend, participate and provide reports and materials for Marketing and Development Committee and Board meetings.
- Execute decisions and plans from the Board of Directors relating to marketing and ticket sales.
Support and foster Schubert Club’s collaborative business practices to ensure that all organizational activities support Schubert Club’s mission successfully.
- Assist with setting up concerts and events as requested and needed.
- Assist with onsite concert and event support.
- Assist with museum activities as needed.
- Assist with office wide projects as needed.
- Act as a steward/liaison with public at Schubert Club events, to foster the positive reputation of Schubert Club.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- A. or B.S. required, Marketing or PR field preferred
- Minimum 3 years marketing experience
- 3 year of management experience
- Minimum 1 year of supervisory experience preferred
- Experience with ticketing software, ideally AudienceView
- Database management experience
- Experience with social media
- Experience working in WordPress and basic html
- Moving and lifting 25 pounds
- Reliable transportation
- Extended periods of stationary time in front of a computer
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, Oct 28, 2018.