Patron Relations Associate (part-time)
Reports to: Patron Relations Manager
Hours: 15 hours per week
Wage: $16.00 per hour
Schedule: Position is expected to begin in July 2022. Flexible working hours with hybrid work opportunities; hours fluctuate between daytime office hours and occasional nights and weekends depending on concert schedule.
The Patron Relations Associate is responsible for providing general and administrative support for customer relations at Schubert Club. This position will work collaboratively as part of a team as well as independently to help to assist in box office and marketing operations. This position reports to the Patron Relations Manager.
- Provide exceptional customer service according to Schubert Club’s standards and guidelines to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Provide positive enforcement of Schubert Club policies and procedures, continually maintaining a high level of customer service.
- Clearly and proactively communicate accurate and consistent information regarding Schubert Club events, programs, and ticket office policies.
- Assist patrons with their orders on the phone and in person. Actively promote Schubert Club programming for up-selling and cross-selling opportunities where applicable.
- Process transactions in Audience View.
- Accurately process ticketing and related transactions in Audience View, including subscription orders, single ticket sales, turn backs, refunds, exchanges, banked tickets, and donations.
- Proactively identify any issues with orders including unbalanced orders and seating issues and work with Patron Relations Manager to correct them.
- Correctly handle cash, check, and credit card payments for Schubert Club sales and transactions.
- Maintain confidentiality of patron information.
- Assist the Director of Marketing and Patron Relations Manager with a variety of marketing tasks, including but not limited to:
- Building and scheduling email communications.
- Updating information on Schubert Club’s website.
- Assisting with organic social media marketing efforts.
- Submitting upcoming concerts and events to online listings.
- Provide assistance to patrons at Schubert Club concerts and events as needed.
- Assist Patron Relations Manager with Box Office-related tasks at concerts.
- Assist with event setup and onsite event support for Schubert Club concerts and other special events.
- Provide other administrative support as assigned.
- Assist with Development related tasks such as turnback and acknowledgement letters as needed and as approved by Patron Relations Manager and Director of Marketing.
- Assist with pulling reports from Audience View, ensuring they are distributed to appropriate staff.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Previous database experience and customer service experience strongly preferred.
- At least 1 year ticketing experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and clear communication skills, both oral and written.
- Experience using AudienceView software preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products in a Mac-based environment preferred.
- Experience using Mailchimp and WordPress preferred.
- Experience handling confidential information.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- May need to move boxes up to 20 pounds for event needs.
- Reliable transportation.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than June 13, 2022 .
Schubert Club is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, marital status, familial status, public assistance status, age, local human rights commission activity, national origin, and veteran or disability status, or any other status characteristic protected by law.