Part-Time Museum Guide
Responsible for augmenting and improving our museum visitor’s experience through descriptions that illuminate the collection and share the role of the Schubert Club as a cultural gem of our community. The Schubert Club Museum is one of only a few music-focused museums in the country, showcasing a diverse collection of historical instruments and replicas, and original autographed composer letters.
The galleries are open Th 12-7pm, Fr 12-4pm and Sun 12-4 pm. Looking for Guides able to work 4-8 hours per week with availability on Thursday evenings and Sunday afternoons.
- Enjoy interacting and meeting with people from a variety of ages and backgrounds.
- Ability to speak comfortably before groups of people.
- Ability to work independently and with supervision.
- Enthusiastic and flexible
- Honor time commitments for any scheduled assignments, including regular museum hours and special events or programs
- Provide great customer service by creatively solving problems and responding to visitor questions and concerns
- Capable of learning new material rapidly and willing to spend time and expend the effort necessary to study The Schubert ClubMuseum collection. Reading material includes The Schubert Club Museum Interpretive Plan.
- Extensive prior knowledge of music history and repertoire is not required, but a prospective guide should have a working knowledge of music and a desire to learn
- Physically able to lead tours around the museum
Salary/Wage: $12.00 per hour
Interested individuals should apply by September 23, 2019. Please mail or e-mail your cover letter and resume to:
75 West 5th Street
302 Landmark Center
Saint Paul, MN 55102