2021 Rules & Video Submission Guidelines
Updated January 4, 2021
Video Submission Forms
Please review the rules and video submission guidelines before submitting your videos.
If you have any questions or issues with the forms, contact Jessica Hastreiter at email@example.com or 651-789-4412
Brass & Woodwinds
2021 Competition Dates
Application Deadline: Friday, January 22, 2021
Video Submission Deadline: Friday, February 12, 2021
Video Corrections/Resubmissions Due: Friday, February 19, 2021
Video Deadline for those waitlisted: Friday, February 19, 2021
Winners Announced: Week of April 1, 2021
Video Criteria & Resources
In keeping with our in-person competition procedures and to help eliminate any potential bias, we are doing our best to ensure that all competitors are anonymous to the judges. Thus, when reviewing video submissions, we are checking for:
- Lengths: combined total should not exceed 10 minutes and 00 seconds
- Titles: should be the same as included in your video submission instructions email
- Descriptions: Should be the same as in your email following the pattern “Schubert Club Student Scholarship Competition 2021, Division Level #”
- Youtube Account: should be anonymous (i.e. not identifying the student or teacher in the name or account content)
- Account Name/Profile Picture
- Public Videos (if existent, these will show up in the suggestions when a judge goes to view the video)
- Videos: audio/video works throughout and the following are true
- Beginning (no titles/names)
- Middle (it works and is still framed appropriately)
- End (no titles/names, excessive applause/live audience distractions)
The sooner you submit your videos the more time we have to review them and you have to remedy any issues. Submissions with any un-rectified issues once submitted to the judges will be eligible for comments only.
We are thrilled to announce the judges for the 2021 Student Scholarship Competition.
Piano, Strings, and Voice judges will only be judging 1-2 levels each. All competitors will receive comments from two judges.
Save the Date: Winners Recital
Join us for two evenings of virtual recitals featuring winners of the Bruce P. Carlson Student Scholarship Competition!
Premieres May 13 & 14, 2021 at 7pm CDT
Hosted by Garrett McQueen