Museum Interpretive Guide
Posted March 30, 2016
The Schubert Club Museum Interpretive Guides are creative, imaginative, enthusiastic individuals who enhance each visitor’s experience through their interpersonal skills and knowledge. The position is a part-time position, responsible for augmenting and improving our museum visitor’s experience through stories that illuminate the collection and share the role of The Schubert Club as a cultural gem of our community.
Responsibilities, Expectations & Successful Characteristics
- Enjoy interacting and meeting with people from a variety of ages and backgrounds.
- Able to speak comfortably before groups of people
- Able to work independently
- Able to accept supervision
- Enthusiastic and flexible
- Honor time commitments for any scheduled assignments, including regular museum hours and special events or programs
- Provide great customer service by creatively solving problems and responding to visitor questions and concerns
- Capable of learning new material rapidly and willing to spend time and expend the effort necessary to study The Schubert Club Museum collection. Reading material includes The Schubert Club Museum Interpretive Plan
- Extensive prior knowledge of music history and repertoire is not required but a prospective guide should have a working knowledge of music and a desire to learn
- Physically able to lead tours around the museum
- Dress appropriately to represent The Schubert Club in public
- This position reports to the Director Education and Museum
- High School diploma
- Experience in customer/visitor services
- Previous experience working in a museum or a similar cultural organization
- Basic keyboard proficiency
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted through April 11, 2016.
For internship opportunities please contact us at email@example.com.
The Schubert Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer.